Thursday, May 25, 2017

Pishers' Guide to Jerusalem #20, Gan Hasus, Horse Park, Like Russian Roulette

This is a continuation in my ongoing series about public toilets in Jerusalem. See #19#18#17#16,  #15,  #14#13#12#11#10#9,  #8#7,  #6,  #5, Saved by The First Station aka #4a#4#3#2 and #1




Yesterday when I rushed into the convenient, centrally located with long hours, public toilets in Gan Hasus, Horse Park, on King George Street across from Hillel Street and near Ben-Yehuda Street, I thought I had won the lottery. It was fresh-smelling, clean and looked ready for business, so I quickly rushed into the first stall, which is the handicapped one. My eyes had been caught by the obvious signs of recent cleaning. That small garbage with the pink bag seemed a harbinger of efficient upkeep.

Unfortunately I didn't look to the left before using the facilities. You should be able to notice that there's no paper coming out of the holder. Grrr... Yes, I had been conned by that pretty pink bag.


Afterwards I checked out the other stalls and discovered that not all were equally endowed. That's right. If only I had gone another meter or so, I would have been in a fully stocked loo.

Yes, I do keep tissues in my bag, just for these occasions, but sometimes they are on the bottom under food. And taking everything out on a public toilet's floor isn't very appetizing.

I was there at 7:30am, when there aren't too many WC options. I could have used the Jerusalem municipality's facilities at Safra Square, but my last few early morning visits were among the worst in my experience as "loo maivin." It was worth traveling a bit longer to a better kept public toilet, even though I didn't win the lottery.


Any suggestions?

No comments: