Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Pancakes, No Recipe


These pancakes do look pretty perfect. And everyone, four grandchildren and my husband, who ate them loved them. It can't just be that I had two types of sugar and strawberry jam on the table as a "dressing." You can tell by the "air bubbles" that I got it just right.

The truth is that I didn't measure much. I do know that I put in the following:

  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups of light whole wheat flour
  • 5 medium eggs
  • baking powder
I didn't measure the oil and milk, but when the mixture felt "right," I poured spoonfuls onto the a hot, generously oiled frying pan. Turn them over when you see air bubbles. It's very easy to make. The batter should be a bit thicker than for a one-bowl cake, the easiest cake recipe. Use the linked cake recipe as a guide. Half the sugar and the liquid/juice/water and double the eggs. Plain yogurt is a good liquid for pancakes.

No comments: