Monday, December 13, 2004

The Show of All Shows, 2004

There's only one thing that makes me sorry we live in Shiloh, and that's when I think of the indescribable, unique community theater group: The Efrat/Gush Etzion Raise Your Spirits summer Stock Company. Yes, I'm jealous.

One thing for sure, if I was living in Gush Etzion, I'd be part of it.

Last night I was one of a bus load of privileged females from Shiloh and Maale Levona who traveled to Alon Shvut to see Noah! Ride the Wave! Led by Sharon Katz (the talent behind "Voices" Magazine) the females of Gush Etzion put on another fabulous professional-amatuer production.

The plot's classic, straight from the Bible. It tells, or sings/dances, the story of Noah and his family and the animals who joined them. Story adaptation and lyrics are by Sharon along with Toby Klein Greenwald and Arlene Chertoff. Music by Mitch Clyman.

One of the greatest things about this rep company is that all who audition are accepted. The production is geared to the cast. This does not diminish at all the high professional level; it just raises it to a higher dimension.

The singing, dancing, scenery are all of a high standard. I couldn't keep my feet still; they joined the dancing from my seat.

If you have a chance to see it, do. It's great!

No comments: