Sunday, January 07, 2018

Israeli Craft Beer Saga

*The Beer Bazaar has been in touch with me, and I hope to have a proper visit in the near future. I must say that they really seem to care about the service and customer relations. 




Last week visitors were here from abroad, and I wanted to show off the fantastic craft beer we now have here in Israel.  In addition, I had hoped to blog a great review of the place and the beers. Since we were in Jerusalem's Machane Yehuda aka the shuq,I took them to Beer Bazaar, but it just didn't work out. I'm now in touch with the owners and hope to have a more pleasant visit in the future.

The beer mavin has been mentoring me about craft beer, and I'm a great fan of it.

13 comments:

Doug Greener said...

A bad scene, I admit. Sorry to say, it may have to do with the "Israelization" of the place. When it opened, it was largely staffed by former Americans, including the partner and his family. They were very service oriented. It seems like this has changed.

Batya said...

I really wanted to show off the beer, sigh. I just got a nice message from them and still hope at some point to sample their wares.

Anonymous said...

You should check out hatch

Yiska Malka Meier said...

I am so sorry this happened to you. I have been there a couple of times and always had great service.

Anonymous said...

It is the market!
The whole concept is un official and to be cool about life.
Obviously you are not...
Please, don't come back to the market, we don't want you.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the shuq. When in jerusalem, act like you live here or you will be treated as such. Learning hebrew helps as complaining is part of the life-style in our town

Batya said...

I've been here close to half a century, and I've worked in many stores, besides teaching. I bring my values with me. The owners contacted me, and I hope to have a proper visit in the near future. They are taking my complaints seriously.

yitzi said...

Check Hatch, https://www.facebook.com/Hatchbeer/?rc=p, great service and really good craft beer created by the owner, Ephraim. He's also got some pretty tasty house-made sausages..

sheldan said...

That is uncalled for. "Now we'll help you"? Especially when you wanted to give them your business. They risked losing a possibly loyal customer over this. I don't care if it's Israel, that is just unacceptable.

Batya said...

yitzi, Gd willing

Sheldan, that's what I felt. When I worked in Yafiz, davka, I was the one who tried to make contact with everyone. The owner seemed nice and was concerned.

goyisherebbe said...

I would like to know about a beer event sometime before it happens.

goyisherebbe said...

I would like to hear about a beer event before it happens and be able to check it out.

Batya said...

goyisherebbe, Doug's the expert. Be in touch with him.