Wednesday, January 10, 2018

They Haven't Forgotten Me

It has been well over a year since I stopped working in Yafiz, Sha'ar Binyamin. I had worked there for just under six years. Besides my two main teaching jobs, that's the longest I've worked anyplace. I'm always meeting people who say I seem familiar, and the reason is that they had first met me or seen me  at Yafiz during those six years.

I can understand why many of my neighbors still think I'm working their. I don't know where they are working either. But the other day when I was paying after my my biweekly shopping trip to Rami Levy, the cashier asked:
"Aren't you working today?"
"No, I haven't worked at Yafiz for over a year." I replied.
"Rally?" She seemed surprised.
I guess I made quite an impression if I haven't been forgotten even by the supermarket staff. They and the customers were more appreciative of my work than the chain's bosses, who don't miss me at all.




No comments: