Thursday, January 25, 2018

Pishers' Guide to Jerusalem #27, CBS Revisited, Worth The Shekel

This is a continuation in my ongoing series about public toilets in Jerusalem. See  #26  #25,  #24,  #23#22#21,#20#19#18#17#16,  #15a#15,  #14#13#12#11#10#9,  #8#7,  #6,  #5, Saved by The First Station aka #4a#4#3#2 and #1

The other week, I needed a loo in the area of Center 1 and the Central Bus Station. As much as I like getting stuff for free, I've had just too many bad experiences in the public toilets in Center 1. I decided to make my way to the Central Bus Station and splurge. Using the loo there would cost me a shekel, which is worth it for some toilet paper and maybe a clean seat.


I made my way up one flight to the floor where I had gotten a great deal on a salad a few months ago. I followed the signs and paid my shekel. That got me into a very acceptable, clean-smelling public toilet fully equipped with paper, soap, etc.

The management of the building, which is a mini-mall, seems to be taking their job seriously. Each time I'm more impressed. They are updating the way they should be.

I no longer use the building as a bus station, because our buses don't leave from inside. But there are plenty of stores and mostly fast-food or budget eateries worth patronizing. There are security guards outside, who mostly profile. Some people put their bags through the xrays.

There are a number of public toilets in the building. Look for signs or ask.

4 comments:

Gornisht said...

achsameach.blogspot.com/2018/01/amaing-shidduch-story.html

Batya said...

Gornisht, nice postl, but it has nothing to do with the loo.

Gornisht said...

I know... but it was a nice story though :)

Batya said...

And the blog is now on my blogroll.