Sunday, August 30, 2020

New Crocheting Project, A Bag

I crocheted a bag of sorts. Once I realized that I had pretty much run out of recipients for my hotplates and potholders, I heard that people use the Jersey yarn to crochet bags. So I thought about it.

Of course, I can't follow crocheting patterns. I just do what makes sense to me and rip it out if it doesn't look good/right. So, to be honest, I hadn't a clue not only how to crochet a bag, but what it would look like.

A few weeks ago, when checking out different stores to buy yarn, I saw a crocheted bag and took a "good look." That gave me a bit of an idea.

Next I asked friends who'd be interested in a crocheted bag, colors and dimensions. One friend said she was interested, so I started the project. Soon I realized that I'd need some sort of button to close it. I looked in the "things" in my house, but didn't find anything suitable.

That meant that I had to go button hunting in Jerusalem. I asked on facebook for recommendations of which stores would have a nice selection of buttons. The first couple of stores I went to were closed up, out of business. That wasn't expected. Both had been around a long time. I used to buy needlepoint thread in one of them and that was decades ago. So I found myself exploring and bought buttons.

I finished crocheting the bag. Of course, I realized that I had made a stupid mistake, but my friend accepted the risks, knowing she was the guinea pig.


Next bag should be better, Gd willing.

No comments: