Tuesday, January 03, 2023

Easy and Quick Vegetable and Orange Lentil Soup

 


I've been craving my homemade vegetable soup for quite a while, and I didn't have much patience to wait. An easy shortcut requires a can of beans, but we didn't have any. then I remembered the orange lentils I had bought. They cook up very quickly.

Ingredients (I don't measure exactly, so there's no need to obsess about exact quantities)

  • large onion
  • medium squash
  • nice sized chunk of sweet potato
  • celeriac
  • coarse salt, pepper (coarse is best,) parsley-- either fresh or dehydrated
  • if you have carrots, add one or more, mushrooms also good, ditto for fresh parsley or celery
Instructions

  • cut in small chunks or slices
  • put all in a large pot
  • start sautéing in oil
  • add at least a half cup of orange lentils
  • boil a couple of liters of water
  • add the boiling water and cover
  • as soon as the soup begins to boil, turn down the flame to just simmer

Cook until it's all soft, and the lentils are mushy.

No comments: