Monday, January 01, 2024

Patriotic Necklace "Our Hearts are With IDF Soldiers--Am Yisrael Chai"

About a week ago I heard a news report that the discount supermarket businessman, Rami Levi, was being attacked by the "Get the Hostages Out NOW" crowd, because he was selling diskettim, tags to be worn like a necklace, that say "Our Hearts are With IDF Soldiers--Am Yisrael Chai" for NS5-. The antigovernment "Get the Hostages Out NOW" are selling theirs for NS30. It's a fundraising gimmick for them, while Rami Levi insists that he's only covering expenses. Once I found out that a friend would be in a branch of Rami Levi, I gave her ns20 and asked her to buy me four!!


I'm mostly home in Shiloh with people who see the politics as I do. My friends, my neighbors mostly understand the connections between the various anti-Bibi, antigovernment, anti-judicial reform crowd and the "Get the Hostages Out NOW" leadership and backers.

Today, when in Jerusalem, I saw other friends who just don't get it. One put up a sign demanding that the government free the hostages NOW! I told her that it bothers me, since the demand goes against the needs of the country to defeat our cruel, perverse enemies. Then she shocked me even more by insisting that putting of the sign unites everyone. I was incredulous, reminding her that it separates us. 

"Follow the Money" I begged of her. I hope she thinks more about it.

After that upsetting conversation, I ran into someone who isn't a close friend. We began to talk. She loves my new necklace. We talked a little politics and discovered that we see today's issues about war, hostages etc. identically. Since I was still upset by my earlier discussions, I told her how better I now felt to know that she sees things as I do.

Yes, even jewelry can be political. Everything is political. Israel's at war.

No comments: