A few years ago, my cellphone suddenly stopped responding, so I went to a phone I thought would be reliable. The guy did a quick check and said that it needed an expensive repair. I figured that it was a "lemon" and not worth the investment, so I bought a new one from him.
Not long afterwards, I found myself in a different phone place with a friend. The non-functioning phone was still in my bag, so I showed it to the guy at the desk as I told him the story. He quickly clicked something and it came back to life. He wouldn't even take payment, claiming that he hadn't done anything. As I write this I realize that there were some very obvious differences between the two businesses. The first was just a small store, and the second had a huge lab with more staff through a door.
Recently the newer phone, still in use, started showing not only quicker battery "emptying," but super slow charging. I wondered if it needed a new battery, or would it pay to get a new phone....
Cautious, after wasting a lot of money, I decided to only consult with a store with a proven good reputation and a lab. The one who brought the other phone back to life can only be reached by car, which we don't have, but there's a small chain which I've dealt with before. I saw it grow from a table to at least two stores in nearby shopping centers.
I had a ride to the smaller branch, which was manned by a young guy the generation of my grandchildren. He took the phone out of the case and took it to the lab in the back. When he returned a couple of minutes later, he said that it charges beautifully, and all I need is a good charger. I asked for the best he has, and it only cost NS99.
When I got home, I plugged it in connecting my phone, and for the very first time ever the screen said:
"SUPER FAST CHARGING"
That's sure better than:
"charging too slowly which may damage the phone"
I definitely learned my lesson and must get another for my travel bag.
No comments:
Post a Comment