As many of you know well, I write a #morningcoffeehaiku on facebook most mornings. I find this literary structure of only three lines and seventeen 17 syllables, 5, 7, 5 perfect for expressing pretty much anything. My early haikus were more about coffee, the weather and life, but as life here in Israel has gotten bogged down in a dangerous war, my haikus also reflect that.
Have you ever haikued? Oops! Can haiku be used as a verb? What do you think?
Which among these is your favorite? Why?
haven't a clue which party
is best for my vote...
see winter coming
seasons change so rapidly
even in one day
still feel yesterday's
ASCENT to Har HaBayit
profound holiness
new week, seasons change
humidity increasing
accept and thank Gd...
looking forward... special peace
gift from Gd for sure
Chodesh Elul Tov
hard to believe soon New Year
yes, Rosh Hashana
adventure planned with a friend
Gd willing success
I'm counting blessings
good health, family, neighbors
yes, grateful to Gd
autumn's sneaking up on us
days shrink and darken
thankful bright sunrise
energizes me for sure
reminds me of Gd
No comments:
Post a Comment