Tuesday, May 24, 2016

More Coffee Morning Haikus

My "Coffee Morning Haikus" seem to be a new genre in poetry. I have always loved haikus, especially writing them. They are  quick and simple with such an easy to follow structure. The structure at least as I learned it is very mathematical, three lines of 5, 7, 5 syllables.

For the past few months I've been finding myself expressing the state of my awakening mind in haiku format. The simplicity is just perfect for first thing in the morning, even when I'm not home at a real computer and must do with my rather dumb smartphone.

I post my haikus on facebook as a way to say good morning to my friends and family near and far, at least those who follow me on fb. And for those who just read my blogs, I'll post a few recent ones here:

morning need coffee
helps keep the eyelids open
and also fuels brain

My French Press Coffee
is so easy to prepare
and lovely to drink

What a good morning!
Got lots of sleep, no alarm
even my phone slept

That is IT for now
five syllables a haiku
didn't skip a day

Morning coffee now
Another busy day planned
Never enough sleep

refreshing coffee
pleasantly wakes up the brain
perfect start of day

Again woke early
drank lots of water, hot day
of course, coffee, too

icy water first
then will French Press the coffee
must not dehydrate

Which is your favorite? Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments: