Wednesday, September 16, 2026

More Haikus, Including a Unique One

 Can you see what's special, different, unique about the first haiku? If so, please comment, thanks.

Gd gives us our days
our choice what to do with them
Gd, help us choose well

please, Gd, better year
true VICTORY 🇮🇱 brings real peace

year ending sadly
victory's so far away
dreading the future

even though get exercise
nothing I can do

politics awful
impossible to decide


trying to do all
gets much harder with time, age
so I'm realistic

may upcoming year
bring true victory required
for our survival 🇮🇱


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading the first haiku from top to bottom and then from bottom to top gives it a special, different, and unique flavor!

Batya said...

Thanks, but there's something else... look again...

Natalie Levine said...

Every word is one syllable

Batya said...

YES!! You're amazing

Natalie Levine said...

just a word nerd 🤓

Natalie said...

Btw, I love that one!
Captures spirit & style of haiku: simple, direct, meditative. Captures tam of fleeting moment. (When recited, short 5-7-5 structure ideally mirrors a single breath. Very Jewish!)

Natalie said...

I love that one! Beautiful example of haiku style & spirit: simple, direct, mini meditation. Reaches out to capture a brief moment in passing.
(Btw, short 5-7-5 structure meant to reflect a single breath. Kabbalistic, no?)

Natalie said...

(Oops! Thought 1st one not published)

Batya said...

Thanks... maybe we should have a haiku party or cinquain

Batya said...

I can delete all the extra