Tuesday, May 05, 2020

"Corona" Theater, Free "The Diary of Anne Frank"

Yesterday I sat at my computer and watched to most amazing reading of  The Diary of Anne Frank. It was by the Park Square Theatre. Viewable online, only though May 15. Free. go to www.parksquaretheatre.org and see what they offer.

Obviously the actors were all in their own homes, and you can sometimes see them glancing at the scripts. The only "props" were the yellow stars, the book/diary and occasionally a coat.

The performance was amazing. I highly recommend watching. I remember reading the book way back when I was a young girl in the 1950s. And in 1977, before we returned from our two year shlichut, job as Zionist Youth emissaries in London I spent a few days in Amsterdam (with our then toddler) and visited the Anne Frank Museum. Besides that, I'm not an expert in Holocaust lore. This version of the play can be used by teachers, but hurry before it's no longer available for free.
THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK
A special presentation created by artists in isolationAvailable for streaming through May 15, 2020  By Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett
Directed by Ellen Fenster
It’s utterly impossible for me to build my life on a foundation of chaos, suffering and death. I see the world as slowly being transformed into a wilderness, I hear that approaching thunder that, one day, will destroy us too, I hear the suffering of millions. And yet, when I look up at the sky, I somehow feel that everything will change for the better.”— Anne Frank

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Batya. have book marked it, will watch it, bli neder - tomorrow.




Batya said...

Enjoy. It's rather raw and real.