Monday, December 28, 2020

Awaiting Replacement from SHEVET Beer

When I was in Ariel not long ago I ended up shopping in the liquor store near the Rami Levy. I was actually in the market for some whiskey on sale, which I bought. In order to get the special sale price I had to join their "club." Of course, since I've been mentored by the beer maven Doug Greener, I had to check out their Israeli craft beer selection, too.

Following the recommendation of the rather amused young man manning the cash register, I went for the special sale/deal of two SHEVET beers. I was impressed by the "collar" showing that they had won prizes. This Wee Laddie | Scottish Ale 5.5%  had been awarded the Bronze Medal (3rd prize) in the 2020 London Beer Competition. I figured that if anyone knows beer, it's the Brits. 



Yes, the percentage of liquid beer to foam was pretty pathetic, and I had to keep waiting until I could pour more and for it to liquify. Then I'd pour more and wait yet again and again.

Apparently there was a problem with the bottle I had bought, and they've promised me a replacement. I'll blog again after receiving it.

4 comments:

Doug Greener said...

You did research and you expressed not only your own opinion, but also how the beer does not meet its own style guidelines. You make our Tasting Panel proud to have you as an IBAV Esteemed Taster!

Batya said...

To my esteemed teacher/mentor, obviously you've taught me well. Thanks

Avi Schecter said...

It may be that it was bottled poorly or that this batch may have been compromised. I sure hope they're not all like that.

Batya said...

Avi, I don't have the money to try it again. Date on it was ok, not past it.