Monday, January 04, 2021

COVID Corona Update: Vaccinated 1 out of 2


Today was the day. I was vaccinated against COVID Corona, or whatever you want to call it.

Although I had chosen 11am for my vaccination appointment in Ariel, a time I could arrive by bus, my friend offered to drive me there. Actually two friends offered, and since I'll need a second vaccine...

As soon as we got near to the Ariel Culture Hall we could see signs all over with the Kupat Cholim Leumit (the sick/health fund I've been a member of for over fifty years) logo, an arrow and the words חיסוני קורונה CHISUNEI CORONA, CORONA VACCINATIONS all over.
I just kept following...
...and following the signs. Yes, I had to walk up the stairs. When I was finished I did notice an elevator, but I try never to go into elevators, since there's no window to open.
Upstairs there were lots of chairs, some people sitting and a few secretaries/clerical staff as you can see. They asked if I had an appointment, and I gave them my card. Then I was told to go into the next room and to show my membership card again.


Then I was assigned to two young people in a curtained off area. I made a big "ceremony" out of taking off my jackets and showing them my specially chosen T-shirt. Jerusalem "Big Blue" Lions football team shirt. I asked the two young people if they knew that there's American football in Israel. They didn't, but the guy said that he loves watching the game. Now he knows to look for us. I have a very different T-shirt planned for the next vaccination.

First the football fan sanitized my upper arm, and then I asked if they also had a photographer. He seemed enthusiastic about taking my picture, so I set up the camera on the phone and handed it over. Then the young woman painlessly jabbed my upper arm while I smiled for the camera.


Now, as the sticker says, I've been vaccinated. And in three weeks I'm supposed to return. A week after that I should be immune for about six months Gd willing. 

Thank Gd here in Israel COVID Corona is considered a national emergency, and vaccines are available for us to be vaccinated.

No comments: