Sunday, February 18, 2024

The War Effort Volunteering in Agriculture

Yes, that's me. I asked one of 
my fellow volunteers to 
photograph me
I finally had an east logistics opportunity to volunteer for the war effort. Our regional council, like an American county, Mateh Binyamin arranged for senior citizens, new and veteran immigrants to Israel to volunteer in the "packing house" of Tekoa, best known for its top quality mushrooms. 

Actually Chavat Tekoa was established by my neighbors' sons, who still own it.

I packaged mushrooms, then cauliflower so that they could be sold. It was important for me to do a really good job. It looks like it'll be a weekly event, but I won't be able to go. Wednesday is the day I study in Matan. Last week was the semester break, so I was really lucky to have such an opportunity.






No comments: