Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Delicious, Munchies, Ariel

For the longest time, I'd been hearing from friends that the best restaurant in nearby Ariel is Munchies. Some of them even say that it's their all time favorite. Finally, this week, I got to eat there when some friends took me out for my birthday, and I must agree.

When we entered Munchies, there was loud music, a bad start. But when I mentioned the problem to the staff who had greeted us, he immediately turned it down, no arguments at all. 

The generous beef hamburgers come with a choice of side dishes. I chose the salad which was really delicious. The waiter brought a variety of dressings and sauces for the hamburger and salad, but I didn't try them. I just asked for olive oil for the salad.

Apparently, they've reduced the menu, since the war, fewer available employees. I found plenty of food to choose from. They have a nice variety of hamburgers and other main courses, plus side dishes and a children's meal.


They offer a featured beer, Shikma שקמה. Since this was my "birthday celebration" how could I refuse to try it? It was a pleasant beer, amber ale, not very strong, but tasty.

As you can see, it's a really lovely salad. I appreciate the dressing was on the side.


Munchies is on Rechov Hamelachah 2, in the old industrial zone not far from the Rami Levi Mall/Shopping Center. Phone 03-9368000. Yes, it's kosher.

Service was wonderful, polite and helpful. They don't have an English version of the menu, one of the things that bothers some of my friends. But the waiter was willing to translate and explain when needed.

Yes, I've joined the Munchies Fan Club!

No comments: