Sunday, November 11, 2007

Curves #3 and Nice Breakfast for Lunch

My ride into Jerusalem was great. I told my neighbor, the driver, about some of my ideas about Parshat Toldot, this Week's Torah Portion.

I finally paid visit #3 to Curves. I walked the two kilometers or more from where I had been dropped off. It's a good warm-up, especially since I don't find the half hour Curves routine very "aerobic." I can walk a kilometer or two at a reasonable pace without breaking a sweat or needing to stop. I'm not talking about "speed walking," just faster than a normal stroll. The Curves routine works on muscles--all the body and flexibility.

After that I took the bus to downtown Jerusalem and met my daughter #1. We had lunch in a nice place. I think it's called, Dulce Latte, or something like that. It's on Jaffa Street and Lunz. Actually, on Jaffa, they sell "take-out," and you have to enter the restaurant on Lunz. There was a branch of "Coffee Shop" there before.




As you can see, it's fixed up nicely. We ordered two meals and shared half and half. One was a very full Israeli Breakfast, eggs, salad, cheese etc. And the other was their Portabello Mushroom "salad." I was disappointed with the mushroom dish, since there were tons of croutons as a filler. They absorbed the color of the mushrooms, so I found myself eating fried bread, when I really wanted mushrooms.

Later we wandered around and did some shopping; though I didn't get to pick up some things for the baby, even though I had promised. Luckily, when I got off the bus in Shiloh, I saw the lights on in the store here. She had everything, Baruch Hashem, so I bought it and lots of the next size tights for my older granddaughter. I had bought a lot on sale at the end of last winter, but she got so big, she already needs the next size!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember eating there last year! Nice place.

Batya said...

Was it Coffee Shop then?