Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Getting More Complicated

I was trying to figure out how to get a second visit to Curves this week, so I thought I'd go today, Tuesday, after work. Last week I had gone to visit my daughter and grandchildren, even though we originally thought that Thursday would be a good day for me.

But now it looks like I won't do either. I may not even get to work, even though I have a quiz already planned.

There will be another funeral. Yes, that's the second in a week. This time a neighbor's father. He made aliyah to be with her and her family after his doctors had "given him" just weeks to live. Baruch Hashem, HaKodesh Baruch Hu was more generous and gave him the gift of almost a year with his daughter, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

One Friday afternoon I got a call from my neighbor. Was I under too much pressure? Would I be available to help with something for just a few minutes? I insisted that I was fine and couldn't imagine how I could be of help. She said that the entire clan would be over for Shabbat, and they needed me to photograph them together with her father. It was a pleasure.

Baruch Dayan Ha'Emet
HaMakom Yenachem...

No comments: