Sunday, August 31, 2014

I Love My Job, But...

Honestly, I really do love my simple saleswoman job.

  • I love the interaction with people. 
  • I love being creative in dressing the manikins.
  • I love meeting all sorts of old friends, former students and people I'd worked with at all sorts of other jobs. 
  • I love helping people.
  • I love the flexibility I've been given in requesting convenient shifts.
  • I love not having to take work home with me. I sign in; I sign out. That's it!
  • I love being physically active.
  • I love the various challenges I face.
  • I love working part-time and really can't do more than I'm doing.
The one thing I don't like is the low salary. I've tried to find another job, but not a single one of my queries to job offers has ever been replied to.

So, I guess this is the job for me.

6 comments:

Rickismom said...

At least you like it. That's a big thing

Batya said...

B"H or I wouldn't have survived it.

Adela said...

What about making some money through your photography? I'm an artist, I was a member of a big art organization in Brooklyn. My next door neighbor started doing photography in her retirement, just pictures of sunsets-we have a great view where we live of the Verazanno bridge and Coney Island, etc. So I told her about the show and she joined. She started photographing all sorts of things and showing her work, and selling. She does a lot of shows now and makes money here and there. You could also. Do what you love and the money will follow.

Batya said...

Adela I can take pictures but do not know hoe to sell them.

Adela said...

Are there any art organizations? The one I was a member of had about 350 members, they have three art shows a year. I did pretty well selling, not all the time, but once in a while. Its also about presentation, get nice frames, they don't have to be expensive. Art is a business, but it doesn't have to be unpleasant. You're really a very good photographer, why shouldn't you make money at something you love? Also, you could turn your photographs into greeting cards. I did years ago. Instead of buying a card for someone, I often just give them a card I've made from years ago.

Batya said...

Adela, thanks, G-d willing. I used to sell photos at Tel Shiloh when it was under different administration.