Thursday, February 03, 2005

Kohelet, finally, I hope

The introduction is in the previous post.
Kohelet 5, 10
Whatever there is will be consumed. It also reminds me of the diet method involving smaller dishes. People finish what's on their plates; the bigger the plate, the more they eat. and of course the smaller the plate the less they eat. King Solomon said it first!
What's the advantage of all the riches? It's not a sin to be rich. Just because people like me have no drive to get more than I need, doesn't mean that my way is best for all. "Umah kisharon l'baaleiha?" "What advantage does the owner have?"
By increading your riches you can give work to other (for their parnasa) and give tzedaka.
Then Nissan told us a mishna aobut wheat that was entrusted to someone else, and it went bad, but I can't reember the relevence.
11- a worker sleeps better, no matter how much he has eaten, simply because he worked. Again the concept of "ripu'i b'isuk," occupational therapy. Satisfaction comes from work not from food. If one spends his life working well for G-d, he will have a good rest in death. Otherwise his death won't be peaceful. People will have to do things like, "ilui nishmato" to elevate his soul. A good person benefits from his good deeds even after his death.
If your aim is more money, then you'll lose it.

Sorry, I'm too tired to finish tonite

No comments: