Wednesday, February 16, 2005

teeth

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has always thought that we brush our teeth to save money. Dental care is horrendously expensive all over the world. Even in the mid-seventies when we were in England, where dental care was covered by National Health, that only included very basic care. We found, miraculously, a dentist who was excellent. He even put in my "strap bridge," a fancy false tooth, attached to a "real one" a few teeth away. That wasn't covered by National Health. I had to pay plenty for it.

But to get back to my topic. Those of us who brush, floss and "poke" with sticks (like StimUDents,) do it for our teeth, gums and pocketbooks, ok, and mirrors, too. But there's another reason we should.

Just a little note about kids with toothbrushes. Please don't let kids play with them, meaning run around with them. It can be, G-d forbid dangerous. I heard of a toddler falling and being so severly injured, he died. Teeth-brushing should be a ritual/habit done in the bathroom by the sink for just a minute or two, not a game.

No comments: