|Notice that I used a different, for me, shaped pan, so the frozen kugel will be easy to recognize in the freezer, without having to uncover them.|
I used this Dairy Vegetable Kugel as a side dish, but with the addition of a fresh salad, it (certainly the leftovers) makes a perfect and tasty "One Pot Meal." An additional advantage is that you can make more than one at a time and freeze them.
1 package broad noodles, (you may use any pasta)
1 package cottage cheese
3 fresh mushrooms
1 large onion
seasonings to taste
You can vary/change the vegetables to your liking and what you have in stock.
- boil the broad noodles
- while they're cooking cut of the vegetables
- Put the vegetables, cottage cheese, eggs and cooking/rinsed noodles and a large bowl and mix. Add whatever seasonings you wish.
- Pour the mixture in baking pans. Optional to line with baking paper.
- Bake in moderate oven 160c or 320f until firm and "bubbly" on sides.
- that's it
- serve with salad if you wish