Monday, May 17, 2021

Super Easy One Step "Eggplant Parmigiana"

 

OK I must admit that I'm a lazy cook. I prefer one-pot, one-step recipes. I once watched someone make "real Eggplant Parmigiana," and I was shocked. First she soaked the slices of eggplant, then she coated them in beaten egg, and then bread crumbs and then fried them. Only after that complicated ritual did she do anything like my recipe.

So if you're anything like me you're not interested in the long complicated procedure. Nobody who has eaten my "Eggplant Parmigiana" has spit it out claiming it's "fake." So, here's the recipe.

Ingredients:

  • sliced onion
  • sliced eggplant (thin)
  • sliced tomato
  • sliced pepper optional
  • cheese that melts well either slices or grated
  • garlic, oil, any spices you think will be good

Instructions:

  1. layer onion, then, eggplant, tomato then cheese, then onion, eggplant, pepper, tomato and top with cheese.
  2. add spices and some oil
  3. bake in medium oven 160 centigrade until bubbly
Yes, that's it. You can add some squash or zucchini if you want.

No comments: