Thursday, January 26, 2006

Fridge saga...

You may be curious why I haven't written about my new fridge, how big, wonderful etc. Can you guess? Yes?

It was supposed to have been delivered Tuesday afternoon, that's almost two days ago. Well, here's the story...so far...

Tuesday morning I called the store to give them my son's cell #, since he would the one to greet it. My work schedule, as a teacher, doesn't afford the same flexibility. He works with a plumber, and they were scheduled to be not far from the house.

The store gave me the number of the "machsan," storage place where the store keeps its stock. That's where the technician would be changing the door direction and put something on to keep the light off on Shabbat.

When after, don't ask how many tries, I got through to the guy in charge there, he told me that there was a problem. The model I bought couldn't have its door changed. Of course I was livid and called the store again. He said that there is a model, and it will be available on Thursday, today, and then it will be delivered. I told him that it can't be in the afternoon, when I'm at work. It must be at night. He claims that the new model is more expensive, but of course they aren't charging. And yes, of course the salesman checked that the door could be changed when I ordered it.

So this morning I'll call the "machsan" again.

And all of our Shabbat plans are messed up. I can't cook and store Shabbat food, just too much, so...

No comments: