Tuesday, January 10, 2006

nervous wreck

Yes, that's me, the nervous wreck. I get that way before flying. It's not the flying, I don't think so, at least, it's the:
"Will I get to the airport on time?"
"Will I have all my documents?"

Those are the things I go nuts about. And for today's trip, I'm even more nervous. My married daughter, her husband and their two little girls are taking me. They're making a whole family trip out of it. Afterwards they're going north to an "Azkarah," memorial for a student of hers who died when in the army. She's taking off from work.

After high school, she did her "sherut le'umi," National Service, in Haifa teaching new immigrant high school boys. She managed to teach them Hebrew and enough of the high school curriculum, so they passed the "bagrut," Israeli matriculation exams. She's still in touch with many of them, and even some of the parents.

That's fine. Just will they pick me up on time?

No comments: