Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What a wasted evening....

What a wasted evening
I could kvetch forever...

I stayed at work for a staff meeting. I finished teaching at 5:25; the meeting started at 7:30. In between I ran to the local grocery to buy some crackers and cheese for "dinner." Luckily I was armed with two incomplete hats to crochet.

The meeting was "billed" as a pedagogic session on 10th grade students. I was prepared to say a lot and had even warned my "darlings" that their bad behavior was badly timed, since I'd have a captive audience to hear all their sins.

It took me a couple of hours to realize that this was a very limited discussion on just half a dozen or less students, and NONE OF THEM WERE MINE!

I consider that totally unforgivable. Now, when the administration wants my time, they will get less. Most of the teachers considered it time wasted, but for me it was the worst. I live far from the school and was not needed at all at the meeting. All I accomplished was crocheting, which I could have done at home.

I feel sorry for the male teachers who consider crocheting beneath their dignity. It's the best time filler and "occupational therapy."

No comments: