Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Long, Full Day, B"H

We've also been blessed with rain. My cup runneth over. And my shoes feel wet. I almost didn't use the phrase, was afraid it was goyish. So I "googled it" on Ask. Would you believe, it's from T'hillim, (Psalms) 23, 5.

I'm starting to fade.

I was up very early to go to the pool. I didn't wait long for a ride and cab. Water was wonderful, steamroom and sauna divine.

Then I got a ride to the Pisgat Zeev Mall to pick something up for my daughter and bought myself a sandwich, then I took the bus to work in Beit El. These are my fun classes. Then waited for ages to get a ride to Ofra to give my daughter the bag. Then I joined the arts and crafts workshop in my elder granddaughter's "gan," nursery school. Her teacher is the same one my youngest had when he was three. I think I was the only grandmother there. Afterwards she (the "ganenet," preschool teacher) took me home. She's a neighbor.

And yes, now I'm home. Yawn!

4 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

When I was young (very young as you will see in a moment) I lived in a Catholic neighborhood. One of my little friends told me the following joke:
First nun: Good grief, my bra strap just broke!
Second nun:(Gasp!) Sister, what language!?!
First nun: Well, what did you want me to say? My cup runneth over????

Leora said...

When I was on Kibbutz Yavne in the early '80s, the kibbutzniks used to yell at us Americans when we complained about the rain. We were supposed to be ever so grateful for rain!

כּוֹסִי רְוָיָה

I got this from http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2623.htm.

frumhouse said...

I happen to love the rain. So, you are a swimmer/steamer too? I go whenever I can - it's so therapeutic in every way. Get some rest!

Batya said...

Isramom, oh, my?!
Funny, that olde English translation always makes me think "goy."
How would we say it in modern English?
Leora, I also use the machon mamre Bible online; it's great.
So you were in kibbutz Yavne? One of my neighbors is from there.
Today I correct people about a lovely day meaning raining in the winter.
frumhouse, I don't "swim:" I move, exercise in the water. I was never a good swimmer.