Sunday, February 24, 2008

Comments From a Friend

This was in response to: "Are We Near the Gush?

You raised memories of 1976-7 back when I was in Bar Ilan. Thought I was making Aliyah. Never dreamed that going back for one (!) class to graduate meant that I was not getting to live here for another 30 years... so I didn't push to see the Land. thought I had all the time in the world and it turned out that it was a huge thorn in my life. So what did you think of Tiberias? Don't know, didn't get there. But you were in Israel a WHOLE YEAR? Yes, but I thought I had the rest of my life for touring.

So we try to go to a new place every month or so. Hate leaving home, especially on Shabbat. Shabbat is SO Shabbat here. But this is when we have the opportunity to walk our dalet amot... and I finally get to discover the Land HaShem gave me as a --present.

No comments: