Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Beit El's Another World

Israel's a tiny country, and climate differences abound. We had snow in Shiloh, yes, lots--by Israeli standards--snow. But by the time I went to work yesterday, the snow was just a memory. As I rode south, it was different. By the time we passed Ofra, the roads were surrounded by snow on both sides.

Here at Givat Asaf, the T Junction to Beit El, snow wasn't a memory at all. There was lots more in Beit El, but I didnt' feel like taking out my camera.
Though I did take it out for this sunset. It's not terribly clear, since I took it from inside the classroom. The double window, one bullet proof, was closed.

Bullet proof, you may be asking. Yes, bullet proof since during Ehud Barak's reign of terror, Arab terrorists shot towards the yeshiva from Ramaala.

2 comments:

Shalom said...

::sigh:: How long until we can replace all of the "special" kinds of windows with regular ones?

Batya said...

They keep the classrooms warmer.
A lot of the danger is just "potential."