Friday, October 01, 2004

vices

Vices,

I have two serious vices
one's white chocolate
the other's ice coffee

in common
calories
and sweetness

irresistable
vices

bad for health
but "life's too short"

as my friend Leah said
when she called
after my friend Rachella
was riddled with
terrorist bullets

buried in the first grave
murdered with
the driver, named doctor

who couldn't save themselves
no one else
died then

Harel Oz,
strength of G-d's mountain

later murdered on the blazing, bright mountain
Yitzhar

and Leah
died from an explosion in her brain

now Leah and Rachella
dance together in the
next world

when I dance at a wedding
I sometimes feel their hands in mine
as we joyfully fly
to the music

one so tall and willowy
and one so short and powerful

spiritual sisters of mine

vices, my vices
relatively harmless

enjoy life
like my dancing friends

who now
dance together



1 comment:

HD said...

A children's book.