Monday, October 10, 2005

Comfortable shoes and crocheting report

I'm very fussy about the shoes I wear. I can't wear heels and my feet are wide, and the shoes must be very flexible, like walking barefoot on some padding.

These are the requirements for all of my shoes, and that even includes "dressing up," fancy etc. No high heels for me.

A couple of weeks ago I did a big shoe shopping, buying two pairs of sandals and one of lace-up walking shoes. Nothing was cheap, pretty standard, though not "the most expensive." One pair of sandals were "Lady Comfort," which were less than the nice "Na'ot" I also bought. I have a feeling that the Na'ot are better quality, but we'll see.

The surprise purchase, which was a little less than I had been dreading was for the walking shoes. "Moran," an Israeli company, which makes a nice shoe. Mine are suede, a tan or light brown. They also make shoes for men, also comfortable and a bit less than the other good brands. Today I finally wore them for the first time, and I'm pleased. No back pain or any of the other bad side effects. Time will tell.

And my crocheted hat, the first ever I've tried, is almost finished, just over one more row, unless, I decide it needs even more. It's a little strange, but... making it has been fun, and I'm all set for more!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've taken to wearing slippers; the hanes ballet sllippers. People think I'm nuts but my tootsies are happy!

Batya said...

Is this for walking? Do they stay on your feet? I wore white ballet slippers to my wedding, easier to dance in.

Esther said...

I bought Na'ot -- and I love them! I'm just about as picky as you are. I hate heels.

Batya said...

Before I even try on a pair, I try to bend them. If they're stiff, back on the shelf.

wendy said...

New shoes are so fun. I love that you wore ballet slippers to your wedding. That is such a smart (and lovely) idea.

Anonymous said...

Where can you get Morans? They've stopped being available in the usa and I'm panicing!

Batya said...

I haven't seen any signs for them recently either; I've been looking.

Unknown said...

I always love slippers rather than heels..i feel comfortable while dancing with ballet slippers.

Research Papers said...

I am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited and happy to say that the webmaster has done a very good job here to put all the information content and information at one place, i will must refer this information with reference on my website.

Term papers said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

does any now where to get locally the moran slippers made in israel here in nyc?

Batya said...

Sorry, I don't know. Try to contact the company