Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Turkey Wings, Easy to Cook

I found a good deal on frozen turkey wings and decided to serve them on the first night of Succot.


After thawing and soaking them, I added just a few ingredients:
onion
carrots
orange juice
water
and a bit of pepper
I almost added fresh ginger, but my husband doesn't like it

Then I covered, cooked, first high flame and then simmered until it all seemed ready. I served it with salad, rice and baked/roasted vegetables.

The meal was easy to make, but very festive and tasty.

4 comments:

Ed Greenberg said...

I don't know about boiling them, no matter what the spices and liquids, but if it works for you, b'seder.

I would par-microwave them, then sprinkle them with garlic powder, poultry seasoning and paprika, and roast them.

I'd make a gravy out of a roux using flour and oil, then add turkey (or chicken) broth with poultry seasoning.

I have two in the freezer, so thanks for reminding me.

Chag Sameach,
Ed Greenberg

Batya said...

We don't have a microwave. Your cooking is very ambitious. I'm much lazier.

Ed Greenberg said...

Are microwave ovens less common in is real than in the US?

Batya said...

Probably used even more here, but we don't have one.