Thursday, November 01, 2018

Perfect "Breakfast for Two" in Bagel Cafe


Very early yesterday morning, one of my learning partners and I discovered that it would only be the two of us, instead of 3-6 (it varies from week to week) in Matan for our 7:45 breakfast plus chevruta Al Haperek Tanach Bible session. Whenever that happens, we end up just talking, so we decided to really "play hookey" and have breakfast "out."

I did a quick "google search" to find what would be open on nearby Emek Refaim, Jerusalem. Bagel Cafe, 54 Emek Refaim, fit our requirements. By 7:30am we were already seated and hungrily poring over the menu.

We decided on sharing a Breakfast for Two. The waiter took our order and accurately served us exactly what we had asked for, even though he didn't write it down. Salads and omelets were prepared separately, according to our individual requests.

All the food was delicious and exactly the quantity we needed. Our only complaint was that the coffee tasted rather ordinary. I had asked for "American or filter" and thought it tasted more like my Elite Turkish when perked. As you may know, most mornings I have real American coffee, Kirkland brought by a good friend, made in a French Press. So when I order American, I have a certain taste in mind.

We polished off pretty much everything served to us and agreed that we'd return there for breakfast whenever we have a good excuse.

That very filling breakfast really did the trick and kept me satisfied for hours afterwards. Usually I need an early lunch at 11:30 before going into my 12 noon class with Yael Leibowitz at Matan. But besides eating a few cashews in the middle of the class, I needed no food until I got home a few hours later.

The Bagel Cafe seems to be very popular, and people were lined up for takeout, besides those of us sitting at tables. It probably is the best breakfast on Emek Refaim. Give it a try. Bagelcafe.co.il/mobile, 1-700-500-751.


2 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

B'smachot!!!

Batya said...

amen, join us next time
We'll plan a special celebration breakfast.