Monday, February 25, 2019

I Bought Myself 3 Treats


I generally like beer when I have the opportunity to drink some. OK not all beers. I prefer darker with strong flavors. For the past few years, I've been mentored by Doug, the Beer Maivin, in the culture of Israeli craft beer. I'm even on his "tasters panel."

We almost never have beer in the house, because I want to patronize only the Israeli craft beers, and they aren't sold locally. The best place to buy it is in the shuq, Machane Yehuda, and since bottles are dangerous/difficult to carry, and I rarely go there on my way home... Buying Israeli craft beer is one of those things I think of doing but never do.

Power Coffeeworks
Yesterday, while walking down Agrippas Street on the way to get a new stock of coffee for my French Press* before going home, I was drawn to the beer. So, I gave in and bought myself those three bottles seen above. It was hard to choose. I was tempted to buy six, all different, but it was risky enough having three glass bottles in my bag. I asked the guy at the cash register to bag each separately, and then I tried to stabilize them with the blue and gold (to cheer for Jerusalem Big Blue Lions) pom poms for the Israel-Bowl XII. And then I went to Power Coffeeworks for the ground dark blend coffee. There wouldn't have been room in my bag for three more bottles of beer.

Will report/review the beers in a future post, Gd willing.

* #morningcoffeehaiku

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good choices. I await your comments.

Batya said...

Thanks. Will do, professor.