Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Surprised Moi, Birthday Fun

I haven't been all that shy about telling friends and family that this year's birthday is to be celebrated. Hard to believe I'm seventy 70 and not seventeen 17. But somehow a bunch of my buddies, the ones in my Walking Anyone👍🏼 whatsapp group, totally surprised me yesterday morning. I really thought we were getting together for a nice morning walk.

All the "Where are we going to meet?" and "Which neighborhood will we walk in?" questions/answers made sense, were perfectly normal. Even when some of us were standing and waiting in front of Merlot, the lovely dairy restaurant across from the supermarket and mailboxes, and I saw two friends approaching, I didn't  think it more than just coincidence.

I really was surprised when they said that we were going to a surprise party for breakfast, rather than take a walk!

We all had Merlot Breakfasts, eggs, salads, spreads, whole wheat rolls and coffee. Totally delicious. Then we shared their special dessert, waffle with ice cream, whipped cream the works! All of this was flavored with friendship, the most heavenly flavoring in the world. Thank Gd, I am truly blessed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Batya, Batya !!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

... YOU ARE 17... still, and God bless you... may you always be young at heart.

I love your blog, and you do not know me...but - i send you love and hugs, nevertheless.

God Bless you with good health and wealth too Amen... and all you need.


I am in my 79th year... and i too thank Gd for many blessings.

I am Noahide..:)) Baruch Hashem...

Learned a lot from frum Jewish Kosher blogs..and your uplifting blog... Toda..

God bless you and may you have many many many birthdays.. till 120.. and even more.

Amen..

just me.. as
anon..:)

Batya said...

Thanks so much