Sunday, September 01, 2024

Easy, Tasty Pasta Salad

 


I'm one of those who doesn't like complicated, multi-pot/bowl recipes. In addition I can eat the same basic meals routinely...

...but I'm not the only one at the table... This past Shabbat a neighbor, who probably has eaten by us more than anyone else, was invited and I felt that the time had come to tweak my usual menu. It seemed that the easiest part of the meal to change would be the carbohydrate. 

After wracking my brain for easy ideas, suddenly... Pasta Salad came to mind. There was a problem. As far I know, it's made with mayonnaise, and I don't buy/use/eat mayonnaise.

It didn't take long to come to a solution... olive oil, though I had no idea how it would taste. Thank Gd it was a great success!

Ingredients

cooked pasta
diced onion
diced tomato or any other salad vegetable-- the more the merrier
dehydrated or fresh parsley, dill, or basil
a bit of olive oil

Directions

mix, cover and refrigerate

Give it a try, and I'd love to hear how yours turned out.

PS of course this is kosher and parve...

No comments: