Wednesday, August 17, 2005

behind the scenes...

Someone from neighboring Shvut Rachel murdered some Arabs this afternoon. This has everyone here in shock, even his closes friends, or especially those who knew him personally.

I volunteered in our office tonight, which is something people take turns doing when the occassion warrents it. Actually, I had been asked earlier, much earlier in the day. Since Disengagement and so many of my neighbors trying to make their way to Gush Katif and finding themselves in jail, it has been necessary for someone to be around for emergencies and phone queries.

I was just supposed to be there an hour, but kept my replacement company. It was from her that I found out who the murderer is. He is someone I've seen around. It was mentioned that there had to have been a trigger that set him off. He isn't known as a hot-head and has worked at Ortal (not only the largest factory in Shiloh, but the largest between Jerusalem and Ariel or further) for a number of years. Jews and Arabs work there together, since the owner hasn't been able to find enough Jews to work for him.

On my way back home I saw some other neighbors who gave me more information. Apparently there is a lot of tension between the Jews and Arabs in the factory. The Arabs make nasty comments in favor of terrorism and how they plan on taking over when we're (G-d forbid!) thrown out. The Arabs killed were the nastiest of them all.

I don't know what the Arabs told Asher in the car as he drove them out to the gate. I hope that he will have the opportunity to explain.

though murder is never the way unless one's life is threatened

2 comments:

Esther said...

I was hoping you'd have info on this. I knew I could count on you. VERY interesting. I wish to G-d he hadn't done it (fodder like that for people who want to say or report horrible things, like CNN, don't need Jews giving them their wish) but I could certainly understand being driven past the point of no return.

Batya said...

Today I spoke to more people who know him, and they all have good things to say.