Thursday, August 18, 2005

heard at the pool

My neighbor's story:

My son is very proud of me. He thinks
I'm a hero.

We tried to get into Gush Katif. If I
had known that it would be such hilly terraine and without even flashlights, I
never would have agreed. I don't know how I did it.

My husband had to leave us. He had a
very important job. But I was fine; I was with my young son and
neighbors. I was sure it would be alright.


We had one bathroom stop in five
hours. Men to one side and women to the other. We couldn't eat nor
drink, and it was just after the 9th of Av.


Then someone said that there was a call from
Moetzet YESHA to procede to a certain place. The police were waiting
there. It was really strange. Also there were always helicopters
overhead watching us.


Then the police stopped us, it wasn't really
an arrest. They just kept taking us from one place to another. I didn't
have any documents or money or my cell phone. Someone felt sorry for me
carrying so much, so he took my bag to help me.


But when we were dropped off, finally at the
bus station I didn't have any money. Luckily we found a neighbor, but it
was barely enough for the tickets. I had to take a shekel from a stranger
to buy one baguette to share with my son.


The more I think about it, I don't see the
purpose of all the wandering we did in the wilderness, just to be stopped by the
police, who seemed to know all the time where we were and who we were. It
was just a game. We were pawns in a chess match.


But my son is very proud of me. He
says; "Imma, you can do it."

No comments: