Monday, January 07, 2008

I was sure I'd sleep better, or...

... never expected it to be one of those insomnia nights!
walking down to Tel Shiloh 1
walking down to Tel Shiloh 2
walking down to Tel Shiloh, not the path I took
Davka, yesterday I got a lot of exercise. I walked all the way down to Tel Shiloh, over a kilometer, on the old road
walking down to Tel Shiloh, this way
new caravan neighborhood
walking down to Tel Shiloh, our junction and agriculture
and then walked all over the area of the Tel with a neighbor who lives nearby.
walking down to Tel Shiloh, old/new
Tel Shiloh, the paths
We wandered
Tel Shiloh, Could this stone have been...?
and climbed
Tel Shiloh, 1
Tel Shiloh, the road northwards
Tel Shiloh, 4
Tel Shiloh, 3

and enjoyed the view
Tel Shiloh, and modern Shiloh
Tel Shiloh, 5
Tel Shiloh, 6
Tel Shiloh, 7
and said T'hilim (Psalms)
Tel Shiloh, 8
and talked. And I pointed out what the various buildings in her neighborhood once were. That's where modern Shiloh began thirty years ago!
Tel Shiloh, bassilica
Tel Shiloh, bassilica mosaic
And then I walked all the way up the stairs to go home and finally got a ride for the tail end of the "trip."
Tel Shiloh, Mishkan, Tablernacle Model
Usually when I can't fall asleep, I blame the fact that I wasn't active enough. Yesterday I certainly was, and early in the day, but it took ages to sleep, and I didn't sleep well.
me at Tel Shiloh

7 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

what an excellent afternoon out.

nice pictures :)

We're the ones who have to put up with them said...

Gorgeous photos. Makes me want to come walking with you the next time I visit ISR!

Batya said...

Sarah, Ellie, thanks
And you're certainly invited when next in Israel.

Shifra Malka of JFB said...

Just beautiful! Thanks so much for the link, Batya. Almost feel like I was there from these super photos! Will post the link to JFB, bli neder.

Shifra

Batya said...

Thanks Shifra, please send everyone my love. And if anyone's in Israel, Chava and I will give them a tour!

Anonymous said...

I remember those views from my tours around Shiloh. Simply breath-taking!

Batya said...

Wonderful, hope you'll be back soon.