Thursday, January 17, 2008

Before My Head Hit The Pillow

OK, the truth is no "pillow," but you get the idea. I don't remember "falling asleep." That's the way I like it, no stress and anxiety about how long it will take to finally fall asleep.

I finally took the plunge, again, literally, and went to the pool yesterday morning. I knew it would tire me out, but I was more afraid that I wouldn't have the energy to teach afterwards.

In previous years, Wednesday was a day off, and I would meet a friend for lunch or brunch, do errands and then go home. This year, I work on Wednesdays and Mondays for even longer, so I hadn't been to the pool in Neve Yaakov, except once during the Yom Kippur/Succot vacation.

A weekly swim is important for my general fitness and health.

So, yesterday, without anything strenuous Tuesday night or Wednesday, I got up extra early and started "tremping" to Jerusalem. Ride #1 to Ofra, another to the first traffic lights of Pisgat Zeev, then, even before a cab came, the bus to the pool.

As I exited the locker room, I heard lots of enthusiastic greetings from friends I hadn't seen for months. They warmed me as I braced for my jump into the water. No need to fear; the water was warm! The steam room was crowded when I entered. Suddenly, I heard:

"You gave my daughter a 100%"

It was an old friend, whose daughter I had tested. She deserved the hundred; I don't play "protexia."

After my "swim," steam room and sauna treats, I went to Ramat Eshkol to nosh and shop.

It has a great shopping center. Ramat Eshkol is one of the first, if not the first neighborhood built in land liberated after the Six Days War. According to Bush and Rice, it's no different from Shiloh in its "legitimacy." In a sense I agree. All the Land we liberated in the Six Days War is 100% Israeli!
Look in the picture above. Is that more of the "wall?" I took the picture from the stairs which go down the the Ramat Eshkol shopping center.

Afterwards I "tremped" to Beit El and taught and then I began to feel exhausted. I finally made it home, after getting into more vehicles than I can remember.

The sun went down, and another day...


No comments: