Thursday, January 24, 2008

Kosher?

My husband and I were thinking of a "one night vacation" in Tel Aviv. I got cross-eyed and gaga going over holiday internet sites on the computer. It's not like talking to a human agent. It's not like talking to anybody or anything.

If we were going to go to a hotel, then the big treat would be the Israeli hotel breakfast. Not a single hotel I checked mentioned if they were kosher, even though I know that the "better ones" are. I was really looking at the mediocre ones. One which had been recommended, was kind and polite enough to immediately respond to my email asking:
"Is it kosher?"

The answer was
"No."

At least they were honest.

I never take anything for granted.

5 comments:

Toto said...

Did you try the Yamit Park Plaza? I know they've changed the name so it's not Yamit anymore, but look it up and ask, it's a fab. place and if you tell them it's your anniversary and ask for an upgrade they are usually pretty accomodating (even when we went twice within 7 months and both times hubby said it was our anniversary!!) Good luck! and have a relaxing weekend!

Toto said...

just to clarify--I don't know if it's kosher, just a great hotel and worth asking about. :)

Batya said...

thanks
I saw the name, but never heard of it.

In the end we're going to relatives.

Anonymous said...

I always thought that all the Hotels in Israel are kosher?!

Batya said...

Most are. There are different "levels" of kashrut. And maybe I called the one hotel which isn't.
I wanted a hotel which is proud to be kosher and uses it in its advertising. None of them mentioned it at all, which I found very depressing.