Monday, January 14, 2008

Meeting An Old Friend

I hadn't been to "Luigi's" for a while. It's one of the more veteran restaurants in Jerusalem's Nachalat Shiva, the old neighborhood, near the center of town.

They advertise that they've changed the menu, and they have. The decor also seemed nicer, or maybe I just don't remember.
We had the "business lunch." It included soup or salad, plus a main course and hot drink. We both started with the "orange soup." I had a salad, nothing special, but my friend's meal looked much better.


The filter coffee wasn't as good as I had remembered, but I think that ever since I started making myself good, strong coffee at home, nothing tastes as good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my parents and I ate at Luigi's, we had the same impression- good, but not great/amazing.

Rosemary, near the King David hotel, is a better choice, in my opinion. But location often dictates restaurant choices.

I liked Little Italy a bit more than Luigi's, but both seemed to be within the same league.

Leora said...

Just a comment to say I love all your photos...and your friendly writing style. Like this:
>but my friend's meal looked much better.

I had meant to comment on your crock pot post a while back but got distracted by life.

Batya said...

t, I also love Rosemary, but I've had horrendous experiences at Little Italy. Actually I blogged about it a few months ago. I've had better salads in Cafe Hillel.

Leora, so nice to meet you! I just visited your blog!!

Pesky Settler said...

Luigi's used to be a favorite place of ours and then it became 'meh'.

Good to know it's worth a new try.

I only go to Little Italy for their chocolate fudge sauce brownie with ice cream thingy... of course it's been ages since I've been there.

Batya said...

I had the most horrendous salted fish at Little Italy. We were a large group, and they shouldn't have charged us after my complaint. I got some clean vegetables, but I expected it to be free. Other restaurants have been much nicer when the food was bad.
I'd go back to Luigi's.