Monday, September 03, 2007

Lucky Again, Baruch Hashem!

Yesterday, I was in Jerusalem for a whole bunch of errands, including something for work. I also had lunch with son #1, before his stint in the "reserves."

One thing I discovered, which makes me feel kinda dumb, considering that I should have had been aware of it sooner. Just because I was nearby, I decided to get some OTC medical stuff, antibiotic cream and things like that, at the "sick fund's" pharmacy. (We're members of Kupat Cholim Le'umit.) We have what's called "gold" membership, which costs more than the minimum, and since, thank G-d, we haven't been sick enough to take advantage of the big discounts, I thought that maybe the "Acomol," Israeli "aspirin" would be cheaper for us. Well, I was right, it was, as was all the other things I bought. I can get this same discount in our local clinic; though the choice of items will be smaller.

I was a good girl yesterday and took the bus from the bus station to town, even thought I felt great after sitting almost an hour in the air conditioned bus. It was high noon, and the sun is too strong for me.

In town I found the "teeth-cleaning sticks" the dental hygienist recommended last time. I went into Alba, which seems to be one of the last large private drug stores in Jerusalem. Ora was sold to a chain, so I won't go there any more; the prices went up tremendously.

After late lunch with my son, at a restaurant I'll review in a later post, I saw that I had probably just missed a bus, so I took one to the "trempiada," to wait for a ride. The bus pulled into the stop blocking movement of a bullet-proof one. Could it be to Shiloh, a half hour late for my personal convenience? Yes! It was! Added bonus, I was able to sit with a good friend and chat.

Now, let's all pray that the "schedule-maker," in the school where I work, manages to fix mine, so that I'll only work three days.

Today is my lllooooonnnngggg day, six lessons in seven class hours, and I'll meet my 9th and 10th grade students for the first time.

2 comments:

marallyn ben moshe said...

i hope you have an easy schedule muse...i still can't believe that the summer is gone...just like that...maybe now we will have some cooler weather...sounds like you had a great day...yahooooooooooo

Batya said...

As I sit here schvitzing, it still feels like summer, so why am I in the classroom?