Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's That Time Of The Year, Again

I have to get my tickets to visit NY. I never really like it. I don't enjoy the agent I've been using. He's like some sort of mystery voice on the phone. I don't know him, don't see him, and he works crazy hours, not my morning type of person. He doesn't even answer emails. I think I'll try a different agent. I get all stressed out just thinking about it. The two years I came home with Nefesh B'Nefesh were great fun. Their agent was nice and the price was reduced, since they covered half or so.

I also don't like making plans too far in advance, and for me, March is too early for late June.

And once I get the tickets, I always think I'm not really ready...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When do you think you'll be here?

Anonymous said...

how do you get a travel agent thru nbn if you did not make aliya thru them? do they have a regular travel agent service?

Batya said...

t, I'll email you, bli neder
and probably, I'll post about it to get speaking dates if possible.

a, I returned to Israel with NBN as a journalist, so their Jerusalem agent booked my to NY ticket.

mother in israel said...

NBN paid for your ticket? Cool. I also need a new travel agent. At least I decided which kids are coming.

Batya said...

mii, yes, I had to prove in advance that a number of publications would carry my articles about them, so nbn, treated me like an honored journalist. OK, the biggies got more perks, but it really was a thrill and honor.

re: agents, best discuss via email.