Friday, June 07, 2013

There's Never Enough Time

I thought that I had planned a long enough visit to AZ to help/support my sister in her great chessed care she gives our parents who are still alive.  The days just aren't long enough.  There's just so much to do.  I'm amazed that she has managed so well on her own, working full-time and with the help of her husband.

This sort of "job" responsibility was something neither of our parents ever had to do.  Our paternal grandfather died young, taken care of by our grandmother.  And she then lived with our aunt, her daughter who took full responsibility . Our father and his brother did visit, it wasn't far, every week or so.  I had been told that they'd come with pictures of their children and grandchildren to keep showing her, so she wouldn't forget us. But dementia can't really be stopped and reversed.

Our mother was a young mother in her twenties when her parents died within less than a year of each other.  Her elder siblings were in charge.

This is a whole new ballgame for us.  And my sister is doing a great job.  

No comments: