Friday, March 08, 2019

Diet's Not Doing Well, Lost Self-Control

This week I've barely had one day when I've stuck to my "diet," better eating regime. When offered temptation, I just can't say no.



One day a week eating what I shouldn't can work and still keep my weight down.  But this past week or so, it seems like every single day there's some sort of special/joyous occasion, irresistible food...or drink.

Even worse, my "at home pick me up" somehow morphed from cashews/dates to chocolate chips. They're all stored in the freezer. It hasn't helped that I read one of those "doubtful facts" on facebook that chocolate is a good cure for coughs. A few tiny chips are a lot less fat/sugar than squares of chocolate, but still...

Considering that I've been following the low carbohydrate eating regime for about a decade, I guess that these "little rebellions" are pretty normal. I must get myself back on the wagon, now, soon, tomorrow, after Shabbat.... whenever. I guess it will be whenever I can recharge my motivation, soon, Gd willing.



After all... tomorrow is another day

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I’m so glad I’m not alone. I too eat low carb. I have fallen off the wagon. I am considering locking my kitchen in the evening , which is when I ruin my day. It’s horrifying what I can eat just before going to bed. I’m good all day until then. I wonder if I could try hypnotism? Shabbat Shalom. We can only try!

Batya said...

Sandra, I do believe that cravings like that mean it's necessary to tweak eating. It may be time to add a bit of carbs, especially at dinner time. They take longer to digest. I feel satiated for longer after a sandwich or when I have carbs with breakfast. Have some coffee when craving chocolate. Eating fruit early enough can prevent sugar cravings.
My big problem is no self-control when offered ice cream and other goodies. Way back when, when I was ridding myself of 15 kilo I could say "no." But ten years of saying it has gotten me down.