Friday, March 22, 2019

Purim Coffee, 5779, 2019


Dear departed friends, George and Rosaly Evnine, Z"L x2, gave us this set of stacking mugs sometime after we moved into our house in Shiloh, well over thirty years ago.

I hardly ever use the mugs, because I want to preserve them. But this year, in celebration of Purim and l'ilu'i nishmatam, just a few months after Rosaly died, I drank my coffee in the whole set.

First I started with the feet, the morning after we Shiloh ladies had a pre-Purim dance fest. Then a few days later, on the first day of Purim, remember that here in Shiloh we celebrate double Purim, on a pretty empty stomach after fasting the day before I used the torso. And finally this morning, when there's just one more Megillah reading to go, I'm Gd willing expecting the family for a Purim Seudah and it's Shabbat in less than twelve hours, I need all my brains to get the logistics right, so I'm drinking my coffee from the head.

This mug set perfectly illustrates the Jewish People and State of Israel. We're all together, all one, and we have a sense of humor.

Shushan Purim Sameach!
Have a truly joyous Purim wherever you are!

No comments: