Sunday, March 01, 2020

Haiku With Morning Coffee on Facebook


Many of you may know that I've been writing morning haikus as I drink my coffee every "weekday" on facebook for quite awhile. The facebook page I started never took off, so I opened a facebook group called Morningcoffeehaiku Group. It's growing. Anyone interested can request to join it, but I don't accept those recommended "second hand." That's because I hate being added to a group without my permission.

I illustrate my haikus with photographs.


Haikus are simple minimalistic poems of three lines 5, 7, 5 syllables. Theme wise you can take liberties. There are those who say that even the syllable count can be flexible. Following are a couple of haikus I've written.

woke to pouring rain
winter is still here with us
warmed by hot coffee
#morningcoffeehaiku

won football last night
coffee, shabbat too much food
bright early sunrise
#morningcoffeehaiku

As you can see, it's a daily diary of sorts. Join us.


No comments: